Most visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries, which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam, tourist visa may be valid for 15 to 30 days.
Tourist visa can only be obtained in Vietnam embassy, consulates abroad. Otherwise, you can get a visa at the border gates if you are invitees of some Vietnamese competent organs or you are travelling on a package tour organized by Vietnamese travel companies. To apply for a visa, the requirements are as follows:
- Entry permit form (which can vary from one Vietnamese embassies or consulate abroad to another) - There are two categories of this form: for foreigners and for Vietnamese overseas.
- Two photos (4cmx6cm or 3cmx4cm)
- Original passport
- Visa fee.
It is easier to get your visa from a Vietnamese travel agency. The nehossary information to the travel agency include:
- Full name
- Birthday and place of birth
- Number of your passport
- Entry and exit dates
- Country you plan to receive your entry visa from the Vietnamese embassies or consulates
- Year and reason to leave Vietnam
- Leave Vietnam by means
- Full names and addresses of relations in Vietnam